It is hard to find a more practical and modern interior detail than blinds. Firstly, they reliably protect the selected room from sunlight, and secondly, they perfectly cope with the decorative function when replacing curtains and decorating the window opening, organically matching the color and design to the overall style of the room. When planning to use roller shutters in the living room, the choice will be a little more difficult than in the case of a kitchen or a bedroom. It is necessary to choose the right type of blinds, color and texture of the fabric to make sure that the light protection properties are the highest, as the living room often has wide windows, which causes wallpaper and furniture to fade, and in summer it becomes unbearably hot.
CHOOSING ROLLER SHUTTERS FOR THE LIVING ROOM – WHAT TO PAY ATTENTION TO?
When choosing roller shutters, the following parameters should be considered:
- Project durability
- Aesthetic values and a large range of colors of roller blinds for the living room
- Practicality and usability.
Some systems have turning mechanisms or chains (ropes) for convenient control of the lowering, lifting and turning lamellae. The operational functions of roller shutters deserve additional attention. For example, fabric blinds can accumulate dust over time and should be occasionally sprayed with an antistatic spray, vacuumed or pre-selected by impregnation. Plastic blinds can be washed easily and quickly with warm soapy water, and wooden blinds can be gently wiped with a damp cloth or sponge. The easiest way is to care for horizontal blinds, but it should be done carefully. In structures with vertical lamellas, dust accumulates less, but their angle should be adjusted depending on how sunlight enters the room.
LIVING ROOM BLINDS: WHAT’S THE BEST CHOICE?
Choosing a high-quality and reliable sun protection system is a very important step, as it is often the factor that ensures maximum living comfort in your home or apartment. What is worth paying attention to? Depending on the quality of the material, roller shutters for the living room can be made of fabric, plastic, wood or bamboo.
In general, when choosing blinds for the living room, you should pay attention to the following parameters:
- Price. Sun protection systems can be found today in various price categories, it depends on many factors: size, material, color, design features. You can choose both an economical option and a fairly expensive one.
- Design features. You need to choose the option that will be most convenient, you can test a few. Sometimes roller shutters are integrated with systems such as a smart home, which makes them even more convenient.
- Material. It is best to choose natural, environmentally friendly materials. Of course, they are more expensive, but their care is easier, they are 100% safe.
- Size. The size must be properly selected, without it the blinds will not look appropriate.
- Arrangement. Roller shutters can be classic with vertical or horizontal lamellas, there are alternative sun protection systems, Roman and others.
- Colour. Choose the one that best suits your living room interior color scheme.
BLINDS IN THE INTERIOR AS AN ARTISTIC TOOL
The blinds on the windows make the design of the living room more interesting and stylish. There are several of the most popular arrangement techniques based on their use:
- Change of proportion. Vertical or horizontal lamellas are able to visually match the proportions of the room.
- He plays with light and shadow. Clearly defined streaks of light and shadow moving across the surface of the floor, walls and furniture are able to emphasize the features of their shape, the beauty of the materials used, their texture. This works especially well for modern styles devoid of decorative details.
- Patterns, prints. There are blinds with a different image, pattern, photo print. With their help, you can noticeably enliven the interior of the living room, add beauty and contrast to it.
In other words, roller blinds are a powerful artistic tool with great potential.
TIPS NECESSARY WHEN BUYING ROLLER BLINDS?
Each type of blinds can become an independent part of the interior space or still decorate the windows along with the usual curtain patterns. At the same time, one should not forget about such a detail as the correct choice of a curtain rod when buying: if it is a multi-faceted window design, it should be thick enough and firmly attached to withstand a set of different types of curtains.
- When choosing vertical roller shutter designs, it is important to take into account the side in which they will move, in addition, they should not interfere with the opening of the window when folding them.
- In order for the blinds to organically fit into the window design and be as comfortable as possible, it is important to measure all the necessary parameters and correctly draw up a drawing where all the exact sizes will be indicated.
- And of course, when choosing roller shutters, special attention should be paid to their quality. When buying, you have to be sure of the high-quality materials used for the production of slats and all spare parts that make up the entire structure.